Tuesday, May 09, 2006

TomKat and Relaxation

Okay, so today I checked my e-mail and since I am pregnant and about to pop any day now, I receive lots of e-mails about pregnancy and labor. Today I opened up an e-mail from the hospital that I will be delivering my bundle of joy at and they were talking about what I should do once I go into labor. They said that once you go into labor one should try and relax and go for a walk, take a nice hot shower or go see a movie. Go see a movie????? First of all, my last name is Biancardi, I come from a Latin background, we are spicy and have a temper and you want me to relax and go see a movie? Do you know who my father is? We Biancardi's don't just sit and relax, we exaggerate and get all worked up about nothing, so I can tell you that once labor hits I am not going to relax and take a hot shower and light lavender candles, no thank you, I am going to get all worked up about everything. I can also tell you I am not going to go sit through a 2 hour movie once labor begins. This past weekend my husband Jason and I decided to go see Mission Impossible 3 (his idea). I had to sit through 2 hours of Tom Cruise saving the planet yet once again. I must admit, and call me crazy if you want, that I did find the movie to be better than the rest of the Mission Installments, I must also admit and hate me if you want, but I love to watch that man run on the big screen. I loved to watch him run in The Firm and in this movie I got to watch him run all over China. Yep, I said it Tom gets me fired up when he runs across the big screen and really gets my blood pumping. Actually I can hardly call it a big screen b/c here in Boston, the theaters suck. I'm used to plush high back seats and stadium seating in the great state of Texas. Not here....All you get here for 9 dollars a person is a small screen with low chairs, no stadium seating whatsoever, and you expect me to sit and relax for 2 hours while in labor??? I don't think so. I could hardly sit still this weekend since the baby was moving around the whole time and you expect me to sit still while having contractions, yeah right! I'm from California and I love movies, don't get me wrong, you can thank my mom for this, she loves movies and it is because of her that I am a movie buff, but shit 9 dollars to sit in an uncomfortable chair while my uterus is contracting, no way. I can tell you once labor sets in, I will most likely be calling my husband up at work, yelling at him no doubt to get his ass home ASAP! Okay so where was I going with all this, I can't even remember what it was that I was starting to write about, oh yes, relaxing during labor- I think not and for those of you that can and have- great! All the more reason for me not to like you :) Until next time....

2 comments:

SLynnRo said...

TIME FOR ME TO START MAKING INAPROPRIATE COMMENTS:

You could just get drunk. At 9 months, its not going to hurt the baby.

(You sent me this link. You should know better).

ariele post said...

who says I haven't been drinking??