Monday, May 15, 2006

Bring Back the Short Shorts!

Okay, so living in Boston has been quite different than living in Texas. Up here in the Northeast they love their Red Sox baseball. If anyone saw the movie Feverpitch, that was an understatement, I mean they are crazy up here about the Red Sox. Even my husband has decided to join in on the band wagon, but he doesn't go crazy about it...yet. I've never been a big fan of baseball. To me watching a bunch of fatass guys in pants that are way to tight, swing a little wooden bat at a tiny ball just isn't fun to watch for 3 1/2 hours. Where's the excitement? About the most exciting thing that ever happens in baseball is when one of the players spits. So for those of you that love baseball, I do apologize, but seriously there are much better sports out there that are far more entertaining.

Take Texas, they love their football, especially high school football. At least in football there is a lot more going on, I too also enjoy a good game of football. And what about soccer? That is another great game to watch, unfortunately it just hasn't quite caught on here in America and that is another topic saved for another day. So where am I going with all this you may be asking yourself, well don't worry b/c I am asking myself the same question... Basketball, now there's a fun sport to watch! I really really enjoy watching basketball.

It's not too long, usually 2, 2 1/2 hours, and it is fast paced, not boring and there is always some sort of drama going on between some of the players. This playoff season I have really been following up on all the games and players; maybe my unborn son will be a basketball player, however with the amount of kicking that he does I feel that he is going to take after his grandfather Biancardi and my husband, Jason, and be a soccer player. Anyway, back to basketball....So as I was saying, this is a much more entertaining sport to watch verses baseball.

There are teams that I really like such as The Spurs, Go Ginobli, a fellow Argentinean! I also like the Heat: Shaq, Peyton, Wade, a good strong team, and I really like the Clippers with Sam Casell, former Rocket. Everyone in LA loves Kobe and the Lakers, but I like the Clippers, the under dog, and besides Kobe didn't take his team very far this year, guess since shaq left he can't do shit on his own. And of course there are teams that I really love to hate, I hate the Detroit Pistons (dirty players) and I hope Cleveland can beat them, although I doubt it. I also love to hate the NJ Nets!!!! I hate Jefferson, Jason Kidd and Vince Carter, so hopefully the Heat can put them away. So all in all not too many complaints about the game of basketball except for one tiny thing.

Does anybody remember back in the day when the players used to wear short shorts???? I liked it, I liked it when they showed a little leg, nothing wrong with that. These guys are so muscular, you never see a fatass basketball player, like you do in golf or baseball, these guys train hard to look the way that they do and I think they should show it off to their female fans. I mean we get to see their fabulous muscular arms with all their tats with the jerseys that they wear, but then their legs are covered up by these long baggy shorts, what's that all about? I want to see more leg as I am sure the ladies out there will agree. I want to see those long, lean muscular legs run across the court!!!!! So I think we should start a petition to the commissioner of the NBA and tell him to bring back the short shorts!!!!! We want short shorts!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug,

I also liked the short shorts and the long socks. Now it is short socks and long shorts!

Mom

ariele post said...

yes, I want short socks and short shorts!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bug,

You need to change your age on your profile since you are now 27!!!


Mom

ariele post said...

hi mom, ir does say 27.

SLynnRo said...

Ariele, I can't really get on this boat with you. Men in short shorts is wrong.

ariele post said...

Slynnro- yes men in everyday life in short shorts is wrong, but it is okay for the men of the NBA to show a little leg, come on, you know deep down you like it!

ariele post said...

Dani bee- Hi, I can't belive you have red sox fever, yuck! I just can't get into it, sorry! I do like football but i like basket ball better. Can't wait to see you in October!

SLynnRo said...

Yeah, um, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES should a man be in short shorts. I don't care what he does for a living. Personally, I don't find most professional basketball players at all attractive (Dirk Nowitzki anyone?). Would you really want to see Dirk or Shaquille O'Neal in short shorts? Not every player is a Tony Parker. You have to think about the consequences

ariele post said...

I still stand firm on my opinion about short shorts, although it seems I stand alone! I do however agree, I don't want to see Dirk, but don't really have a prob with Shaq's legs. Come on SlynnRo, just imagine seeing those long long legs running across the court as Shaq goes for a dunk, I still think deep dpwn you like it!