Saturday, August 19, 2006

Sleepless Nights

So last night was Friday night and I didn't have baby duty for the first time in a very long time! My parents put the baby in their room last night so that I could get some uninterrupted sleep and they are going to do so again tonight- I think.... They may change their minds after last night.........

Last night the meatball didn't fall asleep until 10 pm and usually he goes to bed around 9pm, so you just knew he was going to be a pill :) He is a Gemini and has Biancardi blood running through him so he can already be very hard headed at not even 3 months old yet!

So anyway he went to bed around 10pm and then around 2am until 3 something he kicked and flared his arms and made noises- fun stuff. I am used to those noises but to the amaetuer it can be very hard to sleep through. So then around 3:30 am he went back to sleep until around 5 am and from there I believe there was no turning back.

So they got up with him, fed him, changed his stinky diaper and now he is back asleep in his swing. So why I am I up at 6:30 am on a Saturday if I didn't have baby duty you may ask???? Because 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep for me is like 12 hours for the average person so I am fresh and ready to go, and of course I heard the baby fuss and I missed him and wanted to come see the angel.

So until next time let's hope that he lets my mom and dad sleep a little more tonight :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

True - Poppa Ozzie and I did not sleep much last night, but we were so happy to hear the little baby sounds - and to see Baby Griffin's smiling face in the morning!

We are semi-dead today, and this is one of the many reasons why babies are for the young and energetic!


Love,
Mom