Monday, June 12, 2006

Why I Love Nick Lachey..Seriously

Okay, so this weekend Jason had baby duty so that allowed me some time to catch up on my trash TV watching that I have had tivo'd from the week before. I guess it was Saturday night around 11pm when I decided to watch VH1's Behind the Music: Nick Lachey. For those of you that know me, you know that I can't stand Jessica Simpson and when I found out that she was divorcing Nick I was so glad, b/c I knew that he could do way better. Now, I know that many of you, especially my friends in Texas really like Jessica, but I have always liked Nick better, so whatever. He has always been the sweet, down to earth one while Jessica always had to be in the spotlight putting business before her marriage. If anyone gets a chance to watch behind the music I suggest you do, you really learn how Nick and his brother struggled to start out in the industry and that they weren't a manufactured boy band out of Orlando like so many of the other boy bands out there. Anyway, back to why I love Nick. So as he was being interviewed for this story they asked him what was really important to him and he said something around the lines of: It doesn't matter how rich or famous he is, what matters most to him is his family. Then he started to cry as he talked about his new niece and how happy he gets when he holds her. He then said that all he really wants is to be married and have kids and he doesn't mind if he is the stay at home dad to do that. After watching him cry it made me like him even more, although my husband said that crying made him a douche bag, but whatever!!! I think it shows how sensitive Nick is and that is just one more quality us girls love about him. I know that one of these days he is going to settle down with some really awesome girl and it is going to make Jess really jealous :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug,

It amazes me, that when stars have fame and money - those are always the things they say are not important. I really doubt the sincerity of these statements every time I hear one of these douche bags wax poetic.


Love,
Mom

ariele post said...

anyway- I still like Nick Lachey :)

Anonymous said...

See, this gives me an opportunity to expand upon my uniqueness. If I ever become rich and famous, I will most certainly not wax about how my family is all that really matters to me. I AM SO DIFFERENT! UNIQUE! ORIGINAL!

Anonymous said...

Can we just love him because he's hot?!