Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Why am I so freaking cute?!


Okay, so today is the day that me and Griffin attend that mom and baby group every Tuesday from 11:30-1pm. So when I go out in public after having my baby I like to look cute, since most of my days are spent at home in my pj's w/o any makeup. Well, the other mom's in this group must not feel the same. My question to you is- why is it that once a woman becomes a mom most of them feel the need to dress like a "mommy"?? The moms in this group are all pretty much around the same age as me, late 20's, early 30's but they dress like the mom that is in her 40's or 50's, you know what I mean. Baggy khaki pants, mayonnaise dresses, pants with waists hiked up to their boobs-what's up with that? I am a new mom and I do not feel the need to sacrifice my sense of style
just because I am a mom. I am proud to be a mom but I still want to dress cute and trendy the way I did before I had my baby. Do you really think someone like Gwen Steffani is going to give up her funky style for a pair of chino's, I think not, and neither am I. So word of advice to the new moms out there and moms to be one day- don't change your identity and sense of style because you are a mom, you are still the same cute person just with a baby. So needless to say, me and baby Griffin are the cutest mom and baby in the group, but of course I'm sure you already knew that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bug,

Well, I guess that not only are you cute, but EXTREMELY MODEST as well!

Love,
Mom

ariele post said...

why be modest when I'm so freaking cute! Love you.