Friday, March 02, 2007

Tough Love

So, for the past 9 months we have been rocking Griffin to sleep at night and for nap time. This means that he can't fall alseep on his own when we put him in his crib. When he wakes up at night he needs us to rock him back to sleep. So my doctor said I have to get out of this habit ASAP before it gets worse. So as we speak, I have had Griffin in his crib for the past 30 minutes and all he has done is cry, I just want to go pick him up and rock him to sleep, but I am sticking to my guns, I hope :)

So if anyone has any tips or ideas to make this process go along any smoother please please let me know.

Until next time..........

5 comments:

ariele post said...

thanks nat- it has been 1 1/2 hours and he is still crying, i have gone in there every now and then to try and comfort him but it doesn't work. I am going to put a toy in there for him to see how he does. Thanks for the help.

Anonymous said...

Bug,

I wish I was there to help you - give you a little break. Remember this is much harder on you than it is on the baby.


Love,
mom

ariele post said...

update........
after 2hours of crying he slept for 2 hours, then I have to go wake him up right now to get him ready for yoga. But at least we are making progress. One day down, too many more to go :0)

Anonymous said...

Booze, Ariele, Booze!

Oh wait, some people don't find alcohol + baby jokes funny.

But I do!

Anonymous said...

You could blow pot smoke in his face.